The 6 Best Espresso Machine For Americanos in 2021
You could be a fan of a cup of cappuccino, macchiato, latte or an Americano and it all comes down to the one cup of coffee that helps you survive the day. Regardless of the type of coffee that you prefer, every coffee lover has a dream to be able to customize their coffee however they like it instead of having to compromise with coffee from the barista or coffee shop in town. In order to be able to customize your own cup, you need to buy an espresso machine and we have a list of the best espresso machine for americanos in 2020.
Amongst the various different types of coffee available all around the world, the ones that are most easy to make and have an amusing history to their name is the Americano. It is known that this type of coffee is called the Americano because it was discovered during the World War II when American soldiers were stationed in Italy and preferred to have large cups of drip-filtered coffee as the expensive espresso shots were not liked by them very much. Therefore, the Italian Baristas modified their espresso shots and diluted it with water, calling it the Americano.
Compact and elegant, this espresso machine is a superb purchase for anyone who appreciates good coffee. The machine boasts a host of great features that make it incredibly versatile. It can make simple espressos and even fancy cappuccinos. It comes with a Pannarello wand that allows you to really froth up your milky drinks. The wand can also be used for dispensing hot water.
The front of the machine has an LED display that makes interacting with the machine easy. The LED display is also accompanied with back lit control buttons. The easy to use controls allow you to make the most out of your machine’s features. The machine can hold up to 250g of coffee beans at one time. Its heating system is fast and can produce steam with superb pressure. All of this allows you to produce perfect cups of coffee in short amounts of time.
The machine’s internals can be accessed from its front. This makes maintenance really easy. You don’t have to worry about moving the machine around every time you need to give it a refill or clean it out.
- It has an intuitive control setup.
- Easy access to its internals makes maintenance really simple.
- You get a 1-year warranty on the machine.
- The stainless steel construction of the machine makes it sturdy.
- The machine can adapt to your preferred coffee bean. Allowing it to produce personalized coffee for you every time.
- Despite having 1-year warranty, you have to pay for shipping it to the service center. And the shipping fee can be quite considerable.
- Its bean reservoir is quite small.
- Despite being made of stainless steel, the machine’s surface can be scratched easily.
Contenders For The Best Espresso Machine For Americanos in 2020
- Gaggia Brera
- Breville The Barista Express
- Aicook Espresso Maker
- Mueller Espresso Machine
- De'Longhi Combination Coffee And Espresso Machine
- Moocoo Portable Espresso Machine
This espresso maker is all about precise coffee brewing. This makes it ideal for home baristas who are still learning the ropes. The Barista Express espresso machine comes with a conical burr grinder that is built into its body. This lets you produce freshly ground coffee and send it right into your portafilter every time you want to brew a fresh cup. You can also set your coffee’s grind size with a simple knob. Speaking of knobs, the machine has an assortment of controls on its front. These controls let you tweak your coffee settings and produce precise doses of coffee every time.
The Barista Express espresso machine comes with Digital Temperature Control. This allows you to extract your coffee at the perfect temperature. Meaning that no matter how many times you extract coffee, you will get consistent flavor every time. There’s also a steam wand that is great for frothing your milk and for latte art as well. The wand’s precise pressure delivery lets you get really creative with how you work your milk.
You get a host of accessories with the machine as well. All of which will help you enhance your home barista experience.
- The machine has features that make it really precise. You don’t need a lot of skill to produce exceptional cups of coffee with it.
- It has an integrated burr grinder that grinds and transfers coffee beans straight into the filter. You can also adjust the level of grinding that you want.
- The steam wand is powerful enough to produce micro-foamy milk texture. It can also be used for making latte art.
- The machine comes with a number of useful accessories.
- The machine doesn’t have the best build quality. It is prone to breaking down.
- The machine produces a lot of noise when working.
A simple and efficient espresso maker that will do more than enough to fulfil your daily coffee needs. It can produce 240ml of coffee at a time and is designed to be as user friendly as possible. You also get a built-in steam wand for making foamy and rich lattes as well. the machine’s drip tray is removable for easy cleaning. The best thing about this machine is its size. It is really compact and can easily fit on your counter. You get superb coffee making without having to sacrifice too much counter space.
- Compact can easy to use. This machine has a very simple design to it.
- It comes with an integrated steam wand. This lets you make great lattes and cappuccinos.
- The filter basket is removable, making it easier to clean.
- It’s a great espresso maker for the price.
- The machine takes time to warm up before you can actually use it.
This home coffee machine is capable of producing 20 bar pressure. This makes its performance comparable to that of commercial barista machines. The high pressure lets you extract the maximum level of flavor from every capsule that you use. Another cool thing about this machine is that heat itself up really fast. The machine only has a 25 second pre-heating time. And after a preheat, the machine can produce coffee even after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Since the machine is designed for household use, its controls are kept as simple as possible. There are two buttons that let you pick what amount of coffee you want. The machine itself is quite small, making it perfect for kitchens with limited space. You get a 2-year warranty with the machine as well.
- The machine has a 25 second pre-heating time.
- Its 20-bar pressure allows it to perform as well as commercial barista machines.
- The machine is incredibly compact but has a decent internal capacity of 800ml.
- Its back-lit controls as simple and easy to use.
- This machine can only be used with Nespresso capsules.
- The machine isn’t able to produce rich, creamy espresso.
- The machine’s brew quality is inconsistent.
A front-loading coffee machine with a 15-bar pressure pump. This coffee maker is bound to appeal to coffee fanatics. The machine has a 40-ounce water reservoir that can be taken out from its front. The machine’s powerful pump makes it suitable for a variety of espresso drinks. You can produce barista quality espressos. And thanks to its included froth wand, you can also produce superb quality cappuccinos and lattes.
The large water reservoir means that this machine can produce up to 10 cups of coffee in one go. It even has a digital timer that can be set for automatic brewing. This coffee machine is designed to produce quality coffee in generous amounts. It also makes coffee brewing as easy as possible. You can access all of its internals from the front. And the 24-hour time is definitely a plus.
- The machine has a 15-bar pressure pump.
- It has an extra-large reservoir that allows the machine to produce up to 10 cups at a time.
- Its 24-hour digital timer makes coffee brewing really convenient. The machine can be set to begin brewing coffee at a specific time.
- Its internals can be accessed from the front, making refilling and maintenance simple.
- The machine has a small coffee bean reservoir.
- A lot of people have trouble with the machine’s drip mode. It tends to pour water over the counter.
This portable coffee brewer is capable of producing 20 bar pressure during extraction. This allows the brewer to make excellent coffee on the go. The brewer also has a very fine filter that prevents any coffee grounds from ending up in your coffee. The most interesting thing about this brewer is its size and the fact that it is hand operated. You manually pump the brewer in order to begin the extraction process. It is ideal for people who travel a lot. It can be used with coffee grounds or Nespresso capsules as well.
It is an incredibly simple device that produces superb coffee. Its made from food grade materials and is quite robust. Its maintenance is very easy as well. the brewer can be opened and closed without any hassle.
- A portable and reliable coffee maker for single servings on the go.
- Its hand pump can produce up to 20 bar pressure, allowing for quality extraction.
- The brewer can be used with coffee grounds and Nespresso capsules as well.
- It is easy to maintain and quite robust.
- Its portability makes its reservoir quite small. It can only hold a small amount of coffee at a time.
- The hand pump requires a bit of elbow grease in order to work properly.
If you are a fan of a cup of freshly made, customized Americano and are willing to buy your own Espresso machine so that you can enjoy a great cup of coffee inside the comfort of your home, this is the right place to be. In this buyer’s guide, we will help you look for an espresso machine that is specialized for an Americano. We have listed a few features that your Espresso machine must have in order to make a steamy cup of Americano.
Things to Keep in Mind
Considering your budget, look for an Espresso machine which will lie within those boundaries. While you surf the web or look through shops, you will find Espresso machines of all kinds ranging from the lowest to the highest prices. If you are a beginner and this is your first time buying your own espresso machine, make sure that you make a low investment in order to familiarize yourself before investing a higher amount. However, if you are a professional, it is advisable for you to make a greater investment based on the features that you require.
Easy to Operate
Make sure that the Espresso machine you purchase is easy to operate, especially if you are a newbie. Too many options and customizations can become overwhelming if you are not familiar with the use of an espresso machine.
You must always check for and consider the warranty of an espresso machine as it is an electrical kitchen appliance which might need some repair or a replacement which can be covered in a long term warranty to ensure a longer lifetime.
Stainless And Insulated Steel Exterior
It is important for the exterior of the espresso machine to be made out of Stainless Steel so that it is easily cleanable from the outside. As the preparation of coffee requires heat, it is imperative for the exterior to be insulated so that it is safe to touch and does not cause any safety hazards due to handling hot items.
Stated above are a few basic features which you must consider for all Espresso machines. Furthermore, we are going to state a few features necessary for an espresso machine specialized for an Americano.
If you want a cup of coffee that is similar to or even better than your favourite barista, make sure that your espresso machine has a high-end portafilter that can hold up to 16-22 grams of ground. The portafilter can only affect the size of an espresso shot that you can get in a cup of Americano
If you have a higher budget, you should definitely look for an espresso machine that has a built-in grinder which will make it easier for you to get your morning cup of coffee otherwise you will have to buy a manual grinder separately which will be more time-consuming.
High Pump Power
Espresso machines with a higher pump power and bar pressure are more efficient in temperature control as well as regulating the pressure for the brewing process. A higher bar pressure will allow you to extract the maximum flavour from each coffee bean.
Single or Double Boiler?
If you are low on budget, a single boiler will work for you but if you are an impatient person or if your espresso machine has to cater to a lot of people at once, a double boiler works best as it cuts down on waiting time and provides hot shots of espresso one after another.
Large Water Reservoir
Having a large water reservoir will save you from the hassle of having to re-fill your espresso machine after a few cups of coffee. If the water tank is removable, it is easier for you to clean and store excess water.
Make sure that the espresso machine you choose is easy to maintain and clean so that it can ensure a longer lifetime. An espresso machine will easily removable and dishwasher safe parts will help you clean up in a few minutes without any hassle.
While choosing from the wide range of espresso machines available to you, choose the one which is easily programmable and which offers more than one type of coffee and customizations so that your experience can be worth the hassle.
Furthermore, now that you have gone through the various features that you must look out for in a good quality espresso machine for Americanos, make sure that you survey and look for all available options before making a final choice which suits your requirements and your budget. By making the right choice, you can solve all your coffee problems in the blink of an eye!